I have been working on a project for about 4 months. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do, but I knew I would need help.
(Insert some good friends here)
Specifically named Megan and Becca.
For some time now, I have wanted to make a quilt. A quilt for the bed in our new room so we can finally put the pink fleece blanket away. My mom made it for me my Senior year of high school. It’s an awesome blanket, in fact Sandy loves to take naps on it. So, I, you know, want give my hand at it. Crooked stitches and all.
Back in December we went down to the fabric store with me and helped me pick out colors and patterns. We had a grand old time and spent a few hours in there. Yep, you read that right, a few hours. 🙂
This is the color scheme we decided to go with:
We had been able to get together a Saturday or two to cut pieces, but it wasn’t until Wednesday of Spring Break that we were able to really give this project a go.
By the time I got out to the house where we are putting together the quilt, Becca and Megan had been able to lay out the pieces by using pictures we had taken at one of our previous sessions.
I feel so fortunate to have such talented and amazing friends.
Of course, we wouldn’t have been able to get as much work done without this vice:
Yes, this was a full container. All 4 pounds of Red Vine delicious-ness!
By the time everything was all said and done by late Wednesday afternoon, we had been able to piece together 1/3 of the quilt. ONE. THIRD. I’m not saying this is bad or anything, I’m just excited because the next time we get together I’m anticipating us to get a lot done. And I’m one third to realizing my dream! 🙂
Most of the cutting, the planning of the squares, and the piecing of the stars are done. Which means we can just get together, finish the 4 lb. tub of Red Vines, and knock out the rest of the top.
WOO to the HOO!!!